How to start a marijuana or hemp business in michigan
Whether you are looking to establish your presence as a Grower, Processor, Transporter, Retailer, Microbusiness, Safety Compliance Facility, or a Designated Consumption Establishment we have all the know-how to get you operational, and fast. Here are a few things to consider before starting a business:
1. You need a state license to do business
2. There are multiple license types that can be combined
3. Retail stores will have to be owned by a medical marijuana company at first (until November 2021)
4. Large-scale growers will have to be owned by a medical marijuana company at first (until November 2021)
5. Expect background checks, licensing fees, and inspections
6. Be aware of local laws (local ordinances regarding distance requirements, etc.)
7. "Retail stores will have to be owned by a medical marijuana company at first
Under state law, for the first two years of the recreational marijuana program, only business owners that hold a medical marijuana provisioning center license will be allowed to apply for a retailer license in the adult-use market. That requirement will stay in place until November 2021."
However, officials have the option to remove that requirement in November 2020 if they deem it necessary.
As your Michigan Cannabis Consulting experts, we are here to help you navigate through all of these issues, and many more. Contact us today for a NO-COST to you consultation.